17 inches of Eddie Riggs for your collection

News posted by Ryan on July 27th, 2009 at 1:14am GMT

Those who love collectables should be excited to hear that in addition to the real-life Tenacious D guitar that’s been up for grabs in various circumstances, a large — but limited — stash of Eddie Riggs figures is in production. Measuring in at 17 inches, the figure depicts Eddie in the midst of battle and basically just looks awesome:

According to Electronic Arts only 1,000 of these are going to be made, and their distribution will be unconventional. One was given away today at Comic Con, and details concerning how to win further figures will appear on the official Brutal Legend site in the future.

25 psychos have commented on this post
1. Mykal 7 years, 8 months ago

Well odds are a good chunk of them will be for sale as well as to win. So keep your eyes out, since they will cost a pretty penny. I envy you Europeans larger weight of currency. It will cost you less in pounds then it will be for us dollar carrying fellows.

2. Coggs 7 years, 8 months ago

Well, obviously I really, really want one! and if I dont get one, I will pout! I guess pouting isnt very metal!?

Hmmm, If I dont get one I will slay a dozen demons!

3. Mykal 7 years, 8 months ago

A pout pounding, puncturing peeved perpetual darkness with piercing punch shattering the brains of your enemies would be closer to that then just pouting.

4. beatbulette 7 years, 8 months ago

I would sell my soul to get one of these!!!!!!!!!!

5. Everyone's Hero 7 years, 8 months ago

Eh, I guess selling your soul is pretty metal.

6. Andy 7 years, 8 months ago

I REALLY want one too !

7. Matt 7 years, 8 months ago

Actually, I was there when they gave away the statue. Ten people competed for it, including me. You had to scream “Brutal Legend” in the most heavy metal way. When they gave away the statue, they asked everyone that competed for their information and told us that they would be sending all of us a statue for having the guts to compete in front of everyone. So I’m geting one! YAY!!

8. Ryan BRUTAL! Staff 7 years, 8 months ago

Nice going, Matt! Hopefully they caught it on tape so we can all enjoy the bravery. >:D

9. Motodude 7 years, 8 months ago

U LUCKY SUN

10. Mykal 7 years, 8 months ago

Matt congrats on it you lucky sob.

11. Sarah J 7 years, 8 months ago

I want one!

Pretty Please?

With a cherry on top?

12. Joshua 7 years, 5 months ago

Hey Matt, I too was one of the few who screamed and had my information taken down, but I still have not received my statue, have you? I’m just wondering if they lost the list or forgot about it or changed their minds or something…

13. Ryan BRUTAL! Staff 7 years, 5 months ago

The process of selecting people to win statues is still ongoing so it may be that they haven’t manufactured/distributed them all yet.

14. Matt 7 years, 5 months ago

Nope. Haven’t gotten it yet. i asked EA and they said i would get it closer to the games launch. still waiting…

15. Kyle 7 years, 5 months ago

PLEASE ME!! ha it would be so kool to win this! i love jack black METAL and video games so put them together what does that make? … BRUTAL LEGEND cant wait tuesday ROCKTOBER 13!!

16. loltim 7 years, 5 months ago

Please please me! Oh yeah…

timmy@gamervision.com

17. MasterDRD 7 years, 5 months ago

Um… wrong topic guys. This was just an announcement of the statues, this isn’t the contest thread…

18. I am me 7 years, 5 months ago

I demand this figure!
angryheadlesschicken@hotmail.com

19. JKwikkel 7 years, 5 months ago

Level of want is high.

20. Cool Dad 7 years, 5 months ago

I took my 16yr old daughter to PAX in Seattle with a few of her friends. She wanted the pre-order of BL with the chance to win the statue…so yeah…WE WON! I think they gave 5 away that way. It’s hers, but I’ll be all over the safety of this thing. It came in the mail today. Very nicely crafted/detailed statue.

21. Cool Dad 7 years, 5 months ago

Oh, yeah…forgot to mention. We also were so lucky as to get the infamous “pax-flu”. Haha. Well worth it. We survived.

22. Cool Dad 7 years, 5 months ago

Josh and Matt. I would guess yours will come in the next day or so, if not today. They likely all ship out on the same day with the exception of ones that have not yet been won out in some other form of sweepstakes. Let us know when you get them.

23. cammy 6 years, 8 months ago

i really luv brutal legend

decapatation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Vaughan 3 years, 9 months ago

I got one from Double Fine for free :D

25. Spike's Mom 3 years, 8 months ago

What is the current value? (7/2013)