Brutal Legend original soundtrack now available

News posted by Ryan on November 17th, 2009 at 9:37am GMT

Brutal Legend original soundtrackAs has become inevitable for Peter McConnell’s fine music, Brutal Legend‘s original soundtrack is now available. It doesn’t feature any metal beyond Kabbage Boy, but it does include the music specially composed for the game — the stuff that drives the cutscenes forward and gives the exploration on foot that epic atmosphere.

It can be bought from Amazon UK, Amazon US, Amazon DE, eMusic, and also iTunes. And if you liked the Brutal Legend soundtrack, don’t forget the same composer also did the soundtracks for Tim Schafer’s previous games Grim Fandango and Psychonauts!

Thanks to Mojo for spotting this.

12 psychos have commented on this post
1. Coggs 7 years, 4 months ago

While I absolutely loved the Metal choices in the game, Peter did and equally amazing job to the point that on ocassion I will turn the mouth of metal off just to hear his awesome songs for the various areas of the game!

I will for sure be grabbing this up!

2. Ryan BRUTAL! Staff 7 years, 4 months ago

Aye, his music is excellent as always. Just a shame there isn’t more of it in the game, although I guess that’s totally justifiable considering how much of a presence the metal has.

BTW, if anyone spots an actual CD version of this (the Amazon ones are download only) let me know. I wouldn’t be surprised if it appears on the Double Fine shop eventually.

3. anon 7 years, 4 months ago

Hell yES! the soundtrack was absolutley bursting with wholesome metal goodness and it can now be downloaded! hell yeah! URA!

4. Jeno 7 years, 4 months ago

Great score, an actual CD version could make my dream come true… but, hey! I cant complain.

5. Coggs 7 years, 4 months ago

Ugh! I did not realize this is Download only. I will still end up getting it, but if someone does find a CD version of it let me know!

The CD soundtrack would go perfect in the Brutal Legend LP sleeve!

7. tom 7 years, 1 month ago

fucking a that the best cd

8. TheBeastWithin6 6 years, 9 months ago

I wish they would make a soundtrack with all the other songs too! They could split it into different affiliations so you could choose which one fits you best. That would be awesome!

9. Elijah 6 years, 1 month ago

I still love playing this game hope there’s a sequel

10. the Philith oS 5 years, 10 months ago

A CD version would be awesome!
But what they should really do is make a Vinyl version with the exact contents like the games menu that would just indescribable! and I would buy it right away…
to bad the DD shirts have such a lame looking coat of arms on it…
So I made one myself that looks almost like the real thing the gravediggers and Ophelia wear!

11. Ali Hyder 5 years, 2 months ago

i’v been searching for these songs everywhere…..their friggin awesome!

12. danophile 4 years, 6 months ago

there are some awesome original tunes in there like spirit of bladhenge i love that but for so long i was hoping for a huge ass compilation of all the songs featured on the game some of them are pretty rare and not very famous i 3 albums from savatage since playing this game and 1 nitro cd just ordered an ostrogoth album but a lot of people arent patient enough to buy all the albums of bands they like