Brutal Legend’s music composer interviewed

News posted by Ryan on October 7th, 2009 at 9:23am GMT

Peter McConnellThe official Brutal Legend site has put up a fantastic interview with Peter McConnell, where he talks in some detail about the original music he’s put together for the game, how it integrates with the licensed metal, etc.

“It is meant to be an homage, it’s not meant to be a new kind of metal, and it’s not meant to try to compete with the classic licensed tunes that we’re using in the game. What it’s meant to do is to really refer to them, call attention to them, and honor them in some sense, from a slightly different point of view, because you have this cinematic element going on.”

Definitely an intriguing interview for those who’re familiar with Peter McConnell’s past work (Monkey Island 2, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts). I’m personally really excited about seeing how he’ll be blending the licensed metal and the original music together, especially as it seems he’ll be utilising themes from the former in the latter.

22 headbangers have commented on this post
1. TheBeastWithin6 7 years, 5 months ago

Six days away…only six…

2. Potatoe sam 7 years, 5 months ago

I KNOW BEAST THE SIX LONGEST DAYS IN THE HISTORY OF FOREVER

3. Andy 7 years, 5 months ago

DONT WATCH THE NEWEST TRAILER!!! Major spoiler.

4. BrutalNick 7 years, 5 months ago

which is the newest trailer Andy?

5. Potatoe sam 7 years, 5 months ago

no spoilers

6. Potatoe sam 7 years, 5 months ago

so andy which trailer the jack black one?

7. Anonymous 7 years, 5 months ago

I believe he means the new one on teh official site where Eddie and Ophelia are shown kissing

8. Potatoe sam 7 years, 5 months ago

oh pah we all know that tim sed it in an interview long ago

9. Anonymous 7 years, 5 months ago

Maybe thats not the one he’s talking about, but hey, I’m just trying to be proactive.

10. Troy 7 years, 5 months ago

There is another spoiler in that video, it’s quite annoying :\

11. a man of brutal...portions 7 years, 5 months ago

this is the only game that i doooooonnt want rule 34 to touch… i would totally cry my self to death… then i would kill the person responcible for that attrocity

12. NoHumanForm 7 years, 5 months ago

This game is kool i just played the demo WooooooooWWWOO bout time we get a RoCk game funny az jokes 2 lov it

13. NoHumanForm 7 years, 5 months ago

i just play demo WooooooooWWWOO bout time we got a RoCk game funny az jokes 2 lov it rules

14. Mykal 7 years, 5 months ago

From press event new multiplayer footage comes forth.

15. Mykal 7 years, 5 months ago

Some not all Gamestop locations are having a Midnight launch. Its a combo for platter is probably why not all will have it. I know my location isn’t participating in it.

16. Potatoe sam 7 years, 5 months ago
17. Andy 7 years, 5 months ago

yea I did mean the new awful trailer on the official site. It was more than just one spoiler for me :b .

18. Potatoe sam 7 years, 5 months ago

coolest thing ever!

litterally

19. xRenZx 7 years, 5 months ago

God must be pranking me. The week after Brütal Legend’s release, i’ve got a test week. In so glad that we afterwards have 1 week of holiday. :D

20. Potatoe sam 7 years, 5 months ago
21. Coggs 7 years, 5 months ago

I cant belive no one commented on the awesome article itself. This was probley one of my favorite interviews about Brutal Legend to date. I am glad the composer put so much care into crafting such a perfect score for the game.

22. Mecury Fredd 2 years, 10 months ago

hello my metal brother! ..have u come to partake in the worship of Brutal Legend, the greatest game ever made!!!