Demo release party on October 1st

News posted by Ryan on September 25th, 2009 at 10:25am GMT

Ormagoden ChatRelease party? Hellish ultimatum? Whatever you call it, Double Fine is hosting an event at its offices on October 1st when the Brutal Legend demo will become available to all. Dubbed the Brutal Legend Dem-o-Thon, tune in on the official Brutal Legend site to enjoy:

• Interviews
  • Q&As with followers of the official Twitter feed
  • Giveaways
  • A message from Tim’s Swine flu proofed bunker
  • Spoilers
  • Live axe lessons

Swine flu? Oh yeah, that’s right. Apparently Ormagoden — the monstrous god that pulls Eddie into the mythological world of metal — is threatening to mess you all up and give you swine flu if 666 million people don’t play the Brutal Legend demo. So, better make sure you’re around at 12pm PST (midday) on October 1st!

There’s a short video promoting this event featuring Brutal Legend designer Tim Schafer and Ormagoden, so keep an eye on the BRUTAL! YouTube channel in a bit for a HD version.

Update

[October 1st, 2009 at 11:43am GMT+1] Don’t forget that the demo is out today — possibly already depending on your location — and the release party is in about eight hours! Keep an eye on the official Brutal Legend Twitter feed so you can ask the developers questions.

27 psychos have commented on this post
1. Potatoe sam 7 years, 11 months ago

ah swine flu 666 million downloads im downloading first thing

2. Snaggletooth 7 years, 10 months ago

Soon as it arrives in England I will be one of those 666 million, without question.

3. exterminater999 7 years, 10 months ago

i would of been really pissed off tht it wasnt released in England on thursday, luckily i got it a week eirly any way:P

4. TheBeastWithin6 7 years, 10 months ago

The demo is friggin AWESOME!I just played it and the main menu will blow your brains out!

5. Mykal 7 years, 10 months ago

Had a few bugs in it, things that will probably be worked out in the final game. The only big complaint I have was it was too easy. I had a tough time trying to die on all modes. Only on Brutal did I die before I got boarded being hit over and over again. This was probably because this is the tutorial part of the game. Made real easy so people can learn how to do things. This was waiting about 3 minutes of being stabbed before I got board of waiting to die. On Brutal Mode it almost made the mark there. About 2 minutes and 30 seconds, and is one of the best ways to die. Feels turning down the radio and fighting to turn it back on. One of the great ways to die.

6. exterminater999 7 years, 10 months ago

mykal, wat bugs were there?

7. Mykal 7 years, 10 months ago

Minor things like the back left wheel not acting properly(while in air acts like it has hit something when something wasn’t hit), a few problems, the finisher(slowing down the last kill in an area) pop up a couple of times when not fitting, blood sometimes out of synch with the slash, some scripted enemies didn’t load because double team was on, you know little things that you don’t notice unless you are going out of your way to test it. Kind of what I do whenever I find a demo I enjoy but feel it is too short. I kind of test the hell out of it.Also some of the langages feel robot that are just being used as filler.

8. Potatoe sam 7 years, 10 months ago

brutal legend is rated “M” for METAL!

9. Snaggletooth 7 years, 10 months ago

Should be rated “MFM” for MotherFucking Metal!

10. Vladimiir 7 years, 10 months ago

I SAY ! I wasn’t so excited about a game to come out for years now. The fact it’s Double Fine making it and Jack Black being the main character, and the game having such an EPIC METAL feel …. it’s insane… and when i saw the soundtrack list it just got BETTER ! This seems like the most FUN game to come out in ages. I just hope I won’t be disappointed by something like ‘short story’ or ‘collecting random shit for achievements’ and just generally what the games do to fail so badly these days. Psychonauts was awesome, and with that Brutal Legend must be far and beyond :-) after all this craze for it.

anyway… enough with the chatter ! HEAVY METAL YEAAAH !? :P

11. Vladimiir 7 years, 10 months ago

i also would like to note… that when brutal legend Demo arrives in UK, i will literally launch myself at the XBL Marketplace ;D

12. The Tingler 7 years, 10 months ago

I’m with exterminater999… except I’m one of those missing out! Raargh!

13. Mykal 7 years, 10 months ago

Activision is back to there old tricks. Activision is using the Rocktober term with there discounted items that certainly isn’t rock.

14. Mykal 7 years, 10 months ago

Busting threw a speaker the Team Lionheade won with links of more pictures and video of there win provided by Kotaku.

15. Mykal 7 years, 10 months ago

New Brutal Legend about saw it on TV. Got to say it kicked ass. Love how the preorder ads from Gamestop keep being entertaining.

16. Ryan BRUTAL! Staff 7 years, 10 months ago

Jesus christ Mykal, Activision really is beyond belief. I’ve not reported about this on BRUTAL!, but have you seen Bobby Kotick’s comments during the past few months about wishing he could charge gamers like double the price (Oh really?!), loving that his buyers end up paying hundreds of dollars for peripherals, etc?

He’s like the best example ever of how not to do public relations.

17. Mykal 7 years, 10 months ago

I know, but as bad as it is it could be worse. If you had seen some of there past actions with Spiderman, it is a horror of unspeakable pains

Oh and the link isn’t working for the second part of the interview isn’t working properly. Here is the direct link incase you can’t get it to work.

18. Xianfu 7 years, 10 months ago

So yeah, demo released! I was very disappointed though – a few niggling polish issues that Mykal noted, but my main complaint is that it is EXTREMELY SHORT and doesn’t feature anything we’ve not seen before – it’s just the opening FMV and then the first commentary video and that’s it. That wouldn’t have been such an issue if it weren’t 1.8GB and took about two hours for me to download it – and then I only got 20 minutes of playtime. Meh.

It was very fun while it lasted (though the rotating camera in the 1st boss battle took some getting used to), but I was nothing but pissed off when two hours of downloading led to such a short experience.

19. Snaggletooth 7 years, 10 months ago

Well at least the demo is a taster, and a long awaited one at that. Plus, we will be more excited for the game when it’s released we will see things that we haven’t seen.

20. Potatoe sam 7 years, 10 months ago

i downloaded the demo but its in black and white

21. Snaggletooth 7 years, 10 months ago

Try adjusting your TV

22. Potatoe sam 7 years, 10 months ago

how everything else is fine it pissed me off i downloaded it TWICE!

23. Vladimiir 7 years, 10 months ago

OMG ! The Demo is AWESOME ! all the cut scenes PWN-ASS ! and the gameplay is just fun! lightning, fire and earthquake from a Guitar? yes please ! awakening of a relic with a guitar solo ! YEAAAH! :) hehe … that is all

well i forgot to add

DEEECPITATIOOOOOON !!!!!!

24. Johan 7 years, 10 months ago

How do they think it will get 666 millions if only Xbox Live Gold Members can download it?!

25. exterminater999 7 years, 10 months ago

Johan – no, silver, gold and psn can download it now at this present point in time

26. monkeysrus 7 years, 10 months ago

heh i found a way to kill the demo boss in two hits. when its toungs are stuck to the ground use earthshaker twice to cut off all three toungs at once

27. Johan 7 years, 10 months ago

Exterminater999 – Wat do you mean?