Second DLC announced: ‘Hammer of Infinite Fate’

News posted by Ryan on December 9th, 2009 at 2:50pm GMT

brutal_legend_20090507140238See, I knew Schafer’s comment during that interview the other day was a ploy. Turns out he had a massive bag of DLC sat under his desk, which has now been unveiled as due for release on December 17th.

Brutal Legend‘s second pack of downloadable content is called ‘Hammer of Infinite Fate’ and includes the following substantial additions:

• Three outfits for Eddie: Black Metal, Mountain Man, and Zaulia Threads
  • Seven back patches
  • New paint for the Deuce
  • The ‘Oculus of the Lost’, which operates like a GPS and points out the locations of the world’s bound sepeants and legends
  • Three new weapons: the Coiling Maw, Disgorger, and Eye of Sorrow
  • New Achievements and Trophies
  • Four multiplayer maps: Altar of Blood, Amplified Cliffs, Coiled Remains, and Crucible of the Titans

So quite a bit for those still enjoying the single-player campaign, and of course you can presumably take your goodies online — although unfortunately there’re no new story quests.

If you fancy that lot, it’ll be on Xbox LIVE for 480 Microsoft Points and PlayStation Network for about $4.99 in just over a week. Thanks to Super-Munkyboy for pointing me towards Destructoid’s post about this!

34 moshers have commented on this post
1. Mykal 7 years, 9 months ago

Damn I really hate that my 360 had red ringed so I can’t enjoy it.

2. Coggs 7 years, 9 months ago

Hell yeah!

3. jwags99 7 years, 9 months ago

TY TIM you are great

4. jwags99 7 years, 9 months ago

doesnt matter no story quests, its still great game and good multiplayer!!!!

KEEP ON ROCKING!!!!!!!!

5. hamster562 7 years, 9 months ago

Why couldn’t they have released this GPS earlier? I just found all those serpents which took me weeks! Oh well, I suppose it extended the game’s lifespan.

6. hugo 7 years, 9 months ago

WOWOWOW im so glad i havent finished the game yet, i would play it again anyway XD

7. exterminater999 7 years, 9 months ago

any idea wat the “seven back patches” do?

8. Anonymous 7 years, 9 months ago

they go on the deuce, i would think. or on eddie’s clothes

9. jwags99 7 years, 9 months ago

the back patches go on eddies jacket i believe

10. exterminater999 7 years, 9 months ago

do the patches do anything? or do they just look awsome?

11. Mykal 7 years, 9 months ago

Gamsutra talks about the drama invovled and other things invovling Brutal Legend http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/25799/Postmortem_Behind_The_Scenes_Of_Brutal_Legend.php

12. Snaggletöoth 7 years, 9 months ago

Well I’m downloading that Motherfucker when it gets here.

13. hamster562 7 years, 9 months ago

Hey guys, I just went onto XBL Markatplace and it’s on there two days early for only 400 points! No lie!

14. exterminater999 7 years, 9 months ago

wow thank you hamster562 :)
you have made my day :)
lets get Brütal!!! \m/

15. Snaggletöoth 7 years, 9 months ago

Once I’ve finished another download, this will be mine!

16. Master_Kiba 7 years, 9 months ago

I just got the Hammer DLC. I have only one question – where the hell is the oculus? Is it available when you finish the game?

17. Paul 7 years, 9 months ago

Great DLC

18. exterminater999 7 years, 9 months ago

@Master_Kiba if you look under secondary weapons for the duece you should find it there for 0 fire tributes, not sure bout whether you need to finish because i had already lol

19. hamster562 7 years, 9 months ago

@Master_Kiba Yes, you have to finish the campaign before it shows up then it will be in secondary weapons.

20. Paul 7 years, 9 months ago

Anyone done “Beard Beard Action Beard!” trophy/ach yet?

21. prymusferal 7 years, 9 months ago

@Master_Kiba: What the other folks said, but be sure that you’ve installed the latest game update or none of the DLC content will show up. (I learned that the hard way and wondered where the heck my stuff was.)

@Paul: Yep, that was the first new one I did. :)

22. Paul 7 years, 9 months ago

@Prymusferal: How:P ? Can u find her somewhere or just jump back to that chapter?

23. Master_Kiba 7 years, 9 months ago

Thanks for the answers everyone :)

24. CurryFace 7 years, 9 months ago

I managed to get all the new achievements in about 2 hours (yes yes I’m sure it could be done quicker get off my back lol), apart from the multiplayer ones. Pretty good DLC to be fair though, I like all the extras although I wish you could choose between the fully upgraded normal front grill and the Emporers mouth thing like you can with weapons. I like the Mountain Man costume because it reminds me of Falconer..

25. prymusferal 7 years, 9 months ago

@Paul: Try looking under the giant cross monument just north of where the Hunter missions are given. You might be impressed with what (or is that who?) you find sitting there. ;)

26. Paul aka pApzy 7 years, 9 months ago

tyvm prymusferal ;) and yeah Curryface the ones not multiplayer trophies/achievements were pretty easy but still FUN!

Rock On!

27. eddie 7 years, 3 months ago

Brutal legend forever

28. the dude 7 years ago

The greatest game ever made.

29. lol (killmaster) 6 years, 10 months ago

the most epic game i have ever played i need number 2!

30. Anonymous 5 years, 4 months ago

fucking hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. Riyano 1 year, 10 months ago

It’s always a relief when someone with obvious extrepise answers. Thanks!

32. http://www.ionicbathfootdetox.com/ 1 year, 4 months ago

8 Noiembrie 2012 at 12:18 PMEu am o problema cu filmele romanesti, imi plac insa nu le gasesc prea usor, sti un site bun unde pot gasi aceste filme?Nu ma refer la filelist ca sa fiu mai explicit.Reply

33. http://www.jaylieasi.com/ 1 year, 4 months ago

Oh that’s wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that quote on discipline! All the quotes are great actually. Beautiful post![] Reply:June 17th, 2011 at 3:08 pmDiscipline is so important. People have think of it in a negative way but really without it, we all flounder![]

Jan M. Fijor pisze:Odebrać może tylko panstwo, ale jak odbierze, skoro żyje z banków (modny od 60 lat deficyt budżetowy). A zatem jedynym sposobem likwidacji monopolu banków i okradania podatnika jest ograniczenie (albo likwidacja) monopolu państwa plus zakaz zaciagania kredytu. To jest zresztą program minimum! Wesolego Alleluja! JM Fijor