See, I knew Schafer’s comment during that interview the other day was a ploy. Turns out he had a massive bag of DLC sat under his desk, which has now been unveiled as due for release on December 17th.
Brutal Legend‘s second pack of downloadable content is called ‘Hammer of Infinite Fate’ and includes the following substantial additions:
- Three outfits for Eddie: Black Metal, Mountain Man, and Zaulia Threads
- Seven back patches
- New paint for the Deuce
- The ‘Oculus of the Lost’, which operates like a GPS and points out the locations of the world’s bound sepeants and legends
- Three new weapons: the Coiling Maw, Disgorger, and Eye of Sorrow
- New Achievements and Trophies
- Four multiplayer maps: Altar of Blood, Amplified Cliffs, Coiled Remains, and Crucible of the Titans
So quite a bit for those still enjoying the single-player campaign, and of course you can presumably take your goodies online — although unfortunately there’re no new story quests.
If you fancy that lot, it’ll be on Xbox LIVE for 480 Microsoft Points and PlayStation Network for about $4.99 in just over a week. Thanks to Super-Munkyboy for pointing me towards Destructoid’s post about this!